Powered by Conduit

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I AM : Captain S S Kohli (Pilot who steered flight IC 866 to safety,on 15 Feb 2009 )

News Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

I believe there is an omnipresent God who answers our good deeds. Everyday, we should devote some time to prayers.
That helps me, not just during the near-miss incident at Mumbai airport, but also in other aspects of my life. Everything in my life has been smooth because of Him. But God is there not just to give, you also have to work hard.
I am very religious and spend two hours every day in prayers, usually before my flight. I constantly recite one verse, "Hamri karo haath de raksha, puran hoi chit ki ichha" (Always protect me, let all my desires be fulfilled.) I also have a special puja room in my house. This is something I always wanted as a child, whenever I could build my own house. In fact, i rejected many houses as they didn’t have a puja room.
I visit the gurdwara every day after my flight lands, be it in Delhi, Bangalore, Bangkok or Singapore. I carry three religious books with me in my flight bag, including the Sukhmani Sahib and the Japuji Sahib, and don’t let anyone tamper with it. God is part of my consciousness every minute and He gives me peace and contentment. Sometimes my colleagues and friends also ask me to pray on their behalf.
I was born a premature baby, just the size of a palm and was therefore called Mickey, after Mickey Mouse. For my mother, I am a miracle child, despite the complications she had during my birth. She is my inspiration. But everyone in the family says I am a step ahead of them. I try and inculcate the same religiosity in my children, and tell them to devote at least five minutes each day to God. I make sure they do ‘ matha tek’ before going to school.
(As told to Shobha John)

(Ad):- Use your mind power to the FULLEST

Mind Power Course

The Book Behind The Secret Revealed!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Kohli did a great job but I think news channels must have aired atleast one of his interview....He very well deserved that..

    ReplyDelete